Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baby Loot

I'm already 28 weeks (or 30, depending on which of my doctors you ask, which is a little scary) but I don't have that much baby loot. My significant other made me promise "not to buy too much" until after the baby shower, which isn't until July. Way to be responsible, Tommy. Of course, we've made a couple of big/essential purchases, like the travel system, and I've already prepped a diaper bag with some diapers, wipes, butt paste, etc.

We went with a Chicco stroller/car seat combo after hours of intensive research and consumer reports (Google). Here's Tommy putting together the travel system. Always the professional, of course.



To be completely honest, I feel absolutely overwhelmed when it comes to choosing baby products; the last time I've shopped for them before now was 6 or 7 years ago, and a LOT of things have changed since then. Do you know there are sleep sacks with velcro on the back to keep your baby from rolling over? Weird. Another thing that's changed are the prices. I could be wrong, but I remember Avent bottles being cheaper. They worked 6 years ago, so I figure they should work now, too, so I went to pick some up the other day. Being that I was a single parent, I don't see any way that I spent $17 on a three-pack of bottles, but whatever. Good thing I'm breastfeeding and I hopefully won't need too many. I really couldn't resist when I found these:



PINK BOTTLES?! Don't mind if I do. I will mention that I did have a coupon.

But yesterday, I made the most expensive purchase to date...my breast pump. I was very lucky with my first and was given a Medela breast pump free of charge. After doing some research, apparently Medela is still a front-runner when it comes to milking boobs, so I went with the Medela Pump in Style Advanced.



I have to say, I feel a little prissy spending that much on a breast pump, but I had all of this money put into my flex spending account this year in the hopes of finally getting Lasik, but the pregnancy put a dent in that plan. This means that a lot of the money in that account would have been lost at the end of the year, and then I found out that "breast pumps and lactation assistance supplies" are covered. Do you care? Maybe not, but I was freakin' ecstatic!

I can't wait until after my baby shower so I can do some more shopping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment